1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Battery Question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Quality SR, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I am looking to get 2 new batteries for my 04 GMC. I told my mechanic to order me 2 Interstate Magnatron Plus batteries. He said there was no listing in the book for the 6.6l diesel. Just the 6.5. The only difference between my battery and the new ones are CCA 770 and the ones being ordered are CCA 800. Is this going to be a problem?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't be a problem at all Rich.

When it comes to cranking amps, MORE IS BETTER! In fact, you want batteries with the most cranking and reserve power you can find.

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what i thought. He said the 6.5 is in his book. There was nothing for the 6.6. The batteries that i have now are 770. So that will work. I have had the problem in the very cold weather with the gauge. But it is now doing the same in the warmer weather. Ill have the new ones Saturday. Thanks Mike