1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Battery Question??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by LuffTruckingLLC, Oct 13, 2005.

1. LuffTruckingLLC

LuffTruckingLLC Junior Member

What is the best battery to plow with. I have always heard the Optima Blue top is a great battery. Anyone using them for plowing? Just let me know, Thanks,
  2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

ok optima batteries are cool but, unecessary. you need a batterie with a hi reserve power rating. and a high cranking amp rating as great, since these plow pump's draw about the same power as ur starter. i run two 8-d's marine starting batteries they have a rating of 1200 cold cranking amps. as well as a high reserve rating. and with a 136 amp alternator i have not had a problem. granted most of you guys would say its over kill but i have sat down and figured out my power draw and its right there. with just enough room for the plow.(or in the summer my winch)