1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

battery problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ken119, Jan 17, 2007.

1. ken119

ken119 Junior Member

I installed my boss v-plow myself. Hooked up everything by the book (so I think). I have 2 batteries hooked up. It seems like the batteries are being drained slowly. The controller is hooked up to the accessory. I'm thinking the relays are being charged at a slow rate, enough to drain batteries What do you guys think?

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

If I am read your posting right you wired the controlller to a accessory switch, which is how it is suppose to be wired. Try unhooking the power to the controller and also the relay from the battery for a day and see if the battery still dies. If it does then its something else, if the battery doesn't die add the relya wiring back one day and the controller wiring the day after. If you have a bad relay when you pull them out and reinstall them they wouldn't click. With power on take your relay's out and put them back in and listen for a clicking sound just as the relays pins make contact. No clicking and it's a good chance you have a bad relay.

Good Luck Mike

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Non of the relay's should have power in them with the headlight's turned off. If they click when you pull them out with the lights off then something's wrong in the wiring.