1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Battery Light is Coming On Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ArmyJeep19, Dec 28, 2013.

1. ArmyJeep19

ArmyJeep19 Junior Member
    from 02465

Hi Guys,
    I have a 2007 Jeep Unlimited Sahara. I have been plowing with it for 2 years now. I noticed that the battery light comes on after about an hour or so of plowing. Before this winter I decided to install a brand new battery, and Mean Green high amp alternator to fix the problem. However the issue hasn't been fixed. The battery light still comes on. Also the radio shuts off for ten seconds or so. Last year my Jeep actually shut down because of this issue. Does anybody have any suggestions to this problem? Or possible solutions? I know other people who plow with Jeeps that don't have this problem.
    Thanks

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Check you ground wires.

3. ArmyJeep19

ArmyJeep19 Junior Member
    from 02465

How exactly would I do that?

4. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Follow the negative wire from the battery to a chassis ground. Check the battery and chassis ground for corrosion. Wiggle the wires to make sure corrosion has not built up inside the wire and causing a high resistive connection.

5. dss56

dss56 Senior Member

Check the wires going to the starter. You could have a bad starter on its way out. But check all the grounds and good luck