1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

battery light and bright light indicator on all the time????

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RED_RIDERTB, Nov 29, 2005.

1. RED_RIDERTB

RED_RIDERTB Junior Member

I have a 2003 chevy and a 2004 boss plow on it. My problem is my battery light and bright light indicators in the instrument cluster have been staying on all the time. even when the truck is off?? my dealer said unhook the plow and they will check it out. Has anyone had this problem before?? :confused:

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I found that if my multi-pin connector from the plow to the truck is not making a good connection the high beam light is on and some times it won't angle to the left if this helps any.

3. RED_RIDERTB

my truck does this with the plow off and with it on. I have the rubber covers on both of the connectors. thanks

4. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Did it do this before the plow was on? If not, the battery light (red) can be an idicator of a bad alternator or even a crank position sensor. I've had both go bad at one time or another.

5. RED_RIDERTB

Well I took my truck to the dealer today. They tell me it needs a new instrument cluster. They ordered me one and it should be in sometime this week. Hopefully this fixes my problem. Those lights staying on all the time drive me nuts.:drinkup: