1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

battery goes dead

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chevyzrule810, Jan 16, 2011.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Yesterday I had to have my 06 2500HD jumped twice.Last night I put it on the charger took it off the charger then a hour later went to start it and its dead.The charger said its fully charged but when I go to open the door I have no interior lights or anything.I do not have a dual battery ethier.

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

My guess is a short in the battery do you have one you can take out of something else and try it?
    That’s if you have good connections
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I would check the connections to the battery first. If this is not the problem then I would have the alt checked at a local store to see if it is putting out.
  4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I hate alt's that don't put out.
  5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Could be a bad cell in the battery. If the alt. checks out fine, get a new battery.

WRIGHTWAY Senior Member

Was this a hour of running/driving or sitting / off

Check the battery first A bad alt won’t stop it from taking a charge from the battery charger

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

It was loose connection on the positive side of the battery it was put in sideways