1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

battery drain

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by vfd1693, Dec 6, 2008.

1. vfd1693

vfd1693 Junior Member

When I hook up my sno way and leave it hooked up, the battery will drain. If I unhook the plow, truck will start up every time. I also notice a power lose when plowing.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What model do you have?

3. vfd1693

vfd1693 Junior Member

Not sure what model, I think 26 series with toggle control and down pressure. I don't have any lights hooked up either.

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Post the serial # located on the plow a-frame next to the hydraulic power unit.

The 26 Series does not use a toggle type control. Older 24 & 25 Series plows had controls with rocker and toggle switches to activate the Down Pressure system.

Post the info and I can get you links to manuals for the plow you have.

5. vfd1693

vfd1693 Junior Member

I believe your right. It is either a 24 or 25 older plow. Has two rocker switches for up and down and side to side. Has a toggle switch for down pressure. I looked at wiring diagram and believe all is correct. Could the solenoid be bad?

Unfortunatly can't look for number. Plow is at in-laws right now.