1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

battery/alternator

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by VogelLandscapin, Jan 7, 2010.

1. VogelLandscapin

VogelLandscapin Junior Member

hey guys, my 2008 f250 super duty struggles. If i am running plow, salter, headlights, and beacon the truck is hurting bad. If the heat is on you can hear the fan die down seriously when lowering and raising my western plow. I bought the largest battery i can run in my truck. Does anyone ever change out to a heavy duty alternator or what? :salute:

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad ground somewhere. i answer this question 6 times a week. check all battery and plow connections for clean and tight.

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

4. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicno lead has to be right he drinks Canadian Beer.:drinkup: Check your alternator output also.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

My chevys got 2 alternators and 2 bateries stock from the factory. Amazing the difference a few years makes

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

maybe you tell us what year you got?

7. VogelLandscapin

2 alternators and 2 batteries thats nice. what size chevy and what year?

8. VogelLandscapin

plowmeister is that a wrangler in your profile picture? we are debating getting an older wrangler for a couple thousand for our small commercial. Our crew cab 8 ft bed 250 is a PAIN for small parking lots. Does the wrangler have enough power for you?

9. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

5 ft/lb less than my 76 F150 with a V8 had

10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

2007 Duramax 3500