1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

batteries dying

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bp97f250, Feb 17, 2014.

1. bp97f250

bp97f250 Junior Member

Hello,
    I have a 1997 Ford F250HD with the Powerstoke diesel, and a Fisher MM2 8'HD plow. My problem is if I park the truck with the plow attached for more than a couple of days, The batteries barely have enough power to start the truck.Any longer I have to jump it, and I do turn off the control inside. I have two optima yellow top deep cycle batteries and a 200 amp alt. Has anyone had this problem, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.ussmileyflag

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Make sure the red wire in the cab goes to a switched ignition source. If you have to turn the control off after removing the key it is not hooked up correctly. Even turning the control off doesn't kill power to the module.

3. bp97f250

bp97f250 Junior Member

That makes sense, The plow will still work with the key off. Thanks.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You said you turn off the controller tho. What happens if you unplug the plow? Does the trk still go dead

5. kimber750

If control red wire is hooked to constant power source the module will be constantly powered up even if the control is turned off. This will drain the batteries.

6. dieselss

Really. Didnt think that would happen. Good to know tho

7. kimber750

Turn your headlights on then turn the control off. Plow lights will stay on. Atleast this my understanding of it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  8. dieselss

I thought that was b/c the gnd wire completing the circuit telling the module the plow was hooked up?