1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Basic Question Probably - Advice needed

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sburrill, Oct 1, 2007.

1. sburrill

sburrill Junior Member

Hi all, new to the forum. I have a Fisher Minute Man with the SEHP pump and motor unit (I think?). I put the plow on the weekend after summer storage. It tilted all the way to the right and now it's stuck there. It won't raise or tilt back left. The motor makes a "squawk" noise when I try to raise or tilt it like it's jammed.

So it's stuck in my driveway in the float position. I checked the fluid and seems good. Connections all look good. Any ideas???

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Likely, your connections are bad. The motor is running, so - Start by checking for any rusted, corroded, bent, broken or pitted connections. Check the pins of both wiring harness for the same. Check for any wiring which isn't making a good connection. Coat with dielectic grease. Try "wiggling" the vehicle-to-plow connection. The last resort - run it against a tree to get it to straighten up and try again. I've done that with an SEHP I had and whatever was wrong, that took care of it - for awhile. Eventually it turned out to be a connection in the wiring harness that acted like a gremlin - showed up at the worst times, but then disappeared while I was looking for it.:realmad: :realmad:

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

More than lilkely its a stuck valve.

If your mechanically inclined and want to learn how your plow works you can use fishers mechanics guide (same as the one fisher techs use).

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/21935_120098.pdf

If i remember right, the troubleshooting part is in the middle, it will walk you through finding the problem and how to fix it.

4. sburrill

sburrill Junior Member

Any other ideas??

I checked the pins on the connecters and they all appear to be fine. Also, the fact the motor responds to each button and the motor "tries" to move the pistons tells me it's not a connection problem. I did try to push the blade against a rock and it did not budge. I'm fairly mechanical but would rather not take this thing apart. It it were a matter of bleeding aline or something I'd try that but if it means taking the motor unit apart I'm taking it to the shop. :confused:

5. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Sounds like your S3 cartridge is not shifting either electrically or Hydraulically. This cartridge is required to lift and to angle to the left. If you remove the valve cover it will be the cart/coil with the blue wire on it. You will want to verify that when raising or angling left that 12 volts is present on the blue wire. You can also do this by checking for magnetism on that coil while trying to raise. If the electrical side is ok you can remove the cartridge and probe the bottom to see if the spool slides in and out. It should move about an 1/8".