1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BeastMaster, Nov 21, 2010.

1. I'm a small timer, just a handful of customers, very small lots and residential. I just moved up to a brand new 8' Boss Super Duty on my 3/4 ton gas Dodge (1998).

What basic strobe/light do I need ? I saw one in the RV section at Wal-Mart...basic yellow light that magnets to the roof and plugs in the cigarette lighter. Is this ok or what ?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yes that will be fine, a lot of guys go all out just because they can, and because the set ups look cool. Honestly safety is the biggest thing. Yeah you will be seen with all those lights, but sometimes they are distracting to others. Just get the basic single or dual rotator with magnets and a cig plug and you will be fine.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

if it's like 20$ then it won't last long!
  4. ajslands

Ya! You gotta light up the night!
  5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

time to get an updated sig picture to...... what do you have for strobes?
  6. ajslands

Just hideaways and a beacon but I wann. Get a mini.

My avatar is updated if you woner over to ************.
  7. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

I think you're going to tfind that you pretty much get what you pay for at Wally World. The cheap rotator / blinker that they sell wouldn't get the attention of anybody. (Some of them only have an 1156 bulb in them!) Generally speaking, that's why we run some kind of warning lighting on our trucks - to get folks attention.

I'd recommend a basic halogen rotator light or mini bar for a starter. They're relatively inexpensive, pretty reliable and get folks attention. You can buy a Star mini bar for around $100 and a single rotator for even less. Whelen even makes a nice one for near the same price. If you get one of those, you'll be much happier in my opinion.
  8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

ebay MCgreen services i think.....sells code3 420 rotators for a GREAT price....