1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Basic Invoicing Question

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by JerryA31, Oct 9, 2012.

1. JerryA31

JerryA31 Junior Member

I have a pretty basic question. I have more properties to work this year and can no longer invoice like I did in the past. All of my invoices are either Time & Material or Per Occurance; I have no annual pricing contracts.

Once you have a snow storm, How do you invoice? How long does it take you to get your invoices out in the mail? What program do you use to produce your invoices?

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

we invoice on the 1st and 15th of each month. Bigger accounts get two invoices a month, unless they are seasonal. Smaller ones get one invoice a month.

Quickbooks.

3. JerryA31

JerryA31 Junior Member

I should add that I have clients that require their invoices within a few days after services have been provided. I need their clocks ticking on when their payments are due also. Most are due on receipt but I do have a few that are 30, 45 or even 60 days out.

4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know why people mail them.

I email them, its faster and cheaper and you can rest assured it didn't get lost in the mail.

You can put a "read receipt" on the mail so you know it was opened by the recipient

5. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

I bill before I go to bed and I use quikbooks

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

you can email right from quickbooks, and there are very nice accounting tools to show aging invoices.

7. JerryA31

JerryA31 Junior Member

I do use QuickBooks to track my revenues and A/R. I use another program to create my invoices and import that information into QuickBooks. As the number of accounts has grown this has been more time consuming but I guess that goes hand in hand with growth. Right now I can push one button and invoice all my clients for one type of service performed, for example: a salt application. The program I'm writing has taken about three weeks so far to do this but I know it works. I just didn't know if there is a program out there that already does this.

8. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

This is one of the best invoicing programs I ever had!! Been using it for over 3 years. I can accept CC payments right thou my site. Check it out here... www.LandscapeBilling.com you'll be happy you did!

9. Jeff Hughes

Jeff Hughes Junior Member

how much is the monthly fee??

10. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Under 10 bucks Thumbs Up