1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Basic Form Email....

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by erkoehler, Sep 30, 2008.

1. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Any major changes you guys would make to this:

Mr. Martin,

I just wanted to send you a quick email in regards to your snow removal for this up coming winter. We are a newer company to the area, and are seeking out contracts for snow removal for the 2008-2009 season. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet with you or provide you with an estimate on our services.

We will be offering full snow removal for residential, commercial, and sidewalks this season. No job is too big or small and we are ready to work with you throughout this upcoming season to ensure 110% service.

If you are interested I can stop by at your convenience to provide an estimate. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.

Thank you for your time,

Eric Koehler
    Fox Professional Lawn care
    xxx-xxx-xxxx Cell

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Mr. Martin,

I just wanted to send you a quick email in regards to your snow removal for this up coming winter. We are a locally owned company in the area, and are providing bids for snow removal for the 2008-2009 season. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet with you or provide you with an estimate of our services.

We will be offering full snow removal for residential, commercial, and sidewalks this season. We will provide outstanding service to you throughout this upcoming season to ensure 110% service.

If you are interested I can stop by at your convenience to provide an estimate. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.

Thank you for your time,

Eric Koehler
    xxx-xxx-xxxx Cell

3. erkoehler

Sent out 130 emails this evening to business owners in the area! I'm only on the letter "A" in the alphabet of businesses in the area.

I'm hoping for 2-4 responses and 1-2 contracts! Hope my sights aren't set too high.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think you maybe better off with a letter. A lot of email is now spam and they may delete it and not even look at it.

5. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Keep us posted on your responses. I'd wager you may get .5% to e-mail you back, and you might piss a few off along the way-No biggee.

BTW-for next time, try outlining what you can do for them VS what you do. Meaning, include a line like,

"I am hoping we can meet to discuss your particular needs, hours of operation and specific site requirements to ensure your snow and ice management proposal is custom tailored to your particular operational needs."

Who exactly are you sending these to? Property Managers? Owners? And where did you get the list of emails? I'd agree a letter may have done better, but nothing beats face to face. JMO.

6. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

IMO emailing beats cold calling. If they read it, it might jump start their thought process to think that maybe they should call. Most people don't get as pissed off over SPAM as they do a phone call.

I would have went with

Mr. Martin,

I just wanted to send you a quick email in regards to snow removal for this winter. Fox Professional Lawn Care is a locally owned company that is looking to expand this year. We are currently providing FREE estimates for snow removal and I was wondering if you would like one.

Our snow removal service includes sidewalks, residential driveways and commercial lots. Our current customers agree that we provide outstanding service and I think that you will also.

I am hoping we can meet to discuss your particular needs, hours of operation and specific site requirements to ensure your snow and ice management proposal is custom tailored to your particular operational needs.

Please feel free to contact me either by replying to this email or calling me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx.

Thank you for your time,

Eric Koehler
    Fox Professional Lawn Care

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Mr. Martin,

I just wanted to send you a quick email in regards to your snow and ice control needs for the upcoming season. We are a full service snow and ice control firm in your area and are seeking to add a few contracts to our routes for upcoming 2008-2009 winter season. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet with you or provide you with an estimate for our services.

We will be offering the following services for the upcoming season
    Residential Plowing
    Commercial Plowing
    Multi-family complex Plowing
    Ice Control
    Sidewalk Clearing
    Stacking/Hauling (if you do that).
    (fill in anything else)

If you are interested in any of the above listed services please contact me and I can stop by at your convenience to provide an estimate. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.

Thank you for your time,

Eric Koehler
    xxx-xxx-xxxx Cel

8. erkoehler

Well, I had a phone call already this morning, have to go out and bid two lots later today :)

Also have received back 3 emails from people under contract this year but are interested in a spring lawn quote w/ the following winters plowing.

So far I like the response!

9. big acres

big acres Senior Member

For a better response, google the companies you really want to service and include their name or something unique about them or their clientele in the subject line... say "Snow Removal at medical Centers is..." use the "..." and they may want to open it to read the rest of your statement. Just be sure the body of the e-mail delivers something usefull to them. Customizing the subject line will catch their eye before they hit "delete all" on the junk mail folder.