1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Basher

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by cornhawk, Jan 21, 2007.

1. cornhawk

cornhawk Junior Member
    from 13164

I got my money back and picked up a sno-way solenoid. Doesn't work, same symptoms 12 volts across the meter no movement. Direct jump from battery 12 volts across the meter no movement. Jump the two large terminals, movement. I don't get it!!!!!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sorry!

Review
    when you push raise you get 12v to the small terminal on the 12vMS?

you have a good ground from the small terminal 12vMS to the battery?

3. cornhawk

cornhawk Junior Member
    from 13164

Yes, I get 12v across the small terminals on the 12vms when I press the raise button on thwe controler. I have good ground I sanded the paint offf down to bare metal under the 12vms and I cleaned the battery post where the neg small terminal from the 12vms attaches.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

When you jump the main terminals the motor runs?

Does the 12vMS make noise when you hit raise, how about angle?

5. cornhawk

cornhawk Junior Member
    from 13164

when I jump the large terminals on the 12vms motor runs the plow raises. when I use the controler there is no sound from the 12vms but there is noise from the valves on the hydraulic motor except for the raise control. There is only noise for dp, right & left buttons.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you have 12v coming from control to the 12vMS, a good ground to the 12vMS ( it does not ground through it's base, it gets ground though the black wire from the 12vMS to the battery) then there the problem is with the 12vMS.
    Have you checked the Ground wire for continuity?

7. cornhawk

cornhawk Junior Member
    from 13164

NO, but I will check it when i get home from work. i Hope thats it.
    later
    John

8. cornhawk

cornhawk Junior Member
    from 13164

I tested it on my lunch hour and it's good. I am going to buy another sno way solenoid after work from a different dealer and see if the resulys are the same.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

well if the brown and tan wire are attached to the small positive terminal, and the black wire is attached to the negative terminal. both 4 ga red wires are attached to the proper positions, the ground has continuity and the brown wire produces 12v when requested i don't know what else it could be.

10. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

Have you cleaned the contacts on your plugs. (Truck to Plow)
    I'd try that then add some Di-Electric grease to your conections.

11. cornhawk

cornhawk Junior Member
    from 13164

wow!!!! I bought another solenoid after work and everything works. What is the chance of buying 3 solenoids and 2 of them are bad? Anyway, thanks to all for the help.
    later
    John

12. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

WOW.I would be happy for my plow working but ticked off at whoever sold me 2 bad solenoids.You buy them from a plow store or auto parts?

RCGM
    Brad

13. cornhawk

cornhawk Junior Member
    from 13164

wow

I bought 1 from a parts store (NAPPA) and 2 from two different snow way dealers.