1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

basher you up yet? dodge 1500

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jasburrito, Aug 9, 2014.

1. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Was gonna mount plow on suburban. Sold it. Picked up 99 ram sport reg cab short box.146k. Love how rusty states say reg rust. Hands off wheel at 70. Ropes holding hood down. High school kid driven and tested! Now searching for used complete plow setup on craigys.just 800ft drive and black gold pump station. Wish me luck. This site rocks.how frozen water has made life great. Lol. Cheers

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What's the point of post?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

What's " hands off wheel at 70" and " black gold pump station " ?

4. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

What plows and truck side mounts should I look for.can take hands off steering wheel at 70 and close eyes for a few and truck drives it self straight with no shakes. I tell my kids to save money for gas. Will be almost 10 bucks a gallon by the time they drive. Cheers.

5. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Hey I am new.got truck and need plow.this plow stuffs hard to disifer. I mean I look at craigys at 100s of plows and none ever seem complete or what I need. Exited to get plow on truck. Cheers. I am trying to have fun with this with a positive attitude.

6. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

I have been searching site for days. Basher has lots of info. I wanna find something that goes up down and fits correct for 500/1500. Thanks again.

7. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

8. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

9. maxwellp

I can tell you for sure that the mount is the same from 96 - 2001 I have this range of Dodges. 95 should be the same, But don't know about a 94. I have a BOSS V on a 96 like that. Turns nice and tight.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Unless you are a experienced hydraulic tech you need to increase your budget.

whatever plow it is keep it below 600lbs and run a counterweight.

Check your front end (ball joints, hubs, steering components) very well before installing plow, that vintage Dodge 1500 can be a decent plow truck, spend your $500 bucks on heavier front springs and components while you save the $2500 any decent ready to use plow is going to cost.

11. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Ok. I have been looking at springs and timbrens. This guy has offered me his plow setup. I have to remove. yes,no? price? I was possibly thinking 500.
    It,s an hr away and i would pay buddy around 100 to help me take off. Huge thanks for the help so far.cheers:salute:
    http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4605289746.html

12. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

How hard is it to remove a plow? I emailed him back and asked what he wanted for it. I did not wanna insult him with a low offer.thanks again.

13. maxwellp

Well - if it has been on there for some time you will need a torch and a impact wrench. It would be the easiest to cut it off and buy new bolts.

14. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

OK.extension cord sazall good blades and basic hand tools. He wants 550. I am thinking I should jump on it. Huge thanks. Yes-no?

15. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Take someone with you that has a good knowledge of plows and mechanics.

16. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Well I went and bought the plow tonight and removed it. Took 2 hr to get every thing apart. Will get back to update when I get plow installed. Seems like a great design. Thanks again for the help. Cheers. Wish me luck.

17. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Pic test. Ram tough.

IMG_20140814_151505_970.jpg

IMG_20140814_151519_373.jpg

18. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

The plow I got is a old fisher mm sehp 7 1/2. Included everything I need I think? Mount,wiring,control and plow. Just got done printing out mechanic manual. Will get pics of plow soon. Wanna get mount installed before wiring harness. Any other tips? Thanks again.

19. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Welded up hood latch. So no more ropes holding it down. Called b&b truck about a new truck side bolt kit.some of the bolts had long peices of metal welded on them to fish. Or will track um down and make. Dan from b&b said people usually never take the truck side frame off.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  20. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Parked next to a SLT 2nd gen short box regular cab and noticed my sport was sitting higher.it does not have off road package. Those bolts with handles are like 7 bucks a piece. Thinking about installing some bolts and welding the bracket to frame.got some picks of frame and plow.kinda dark. And a picture of bling it on. Guy said it goes a buck thirty.

IMG_20140814_213400_780.jpg

IMG_20140814_213411_507.jpg

IMG_20140814_213416_988.jpg

IMG_20140814_213423_256.jpg

IMG_20140816_113612_806.jpg