1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Basher.... Or other snoway Tech....

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by yabo, Feb 3, 2013.

1. yabo

yabo Junior Member

I have a series 22 on my wrangler.. Its 4 years old. Today after plowing half my drive the plow will do nothing... Its down and angled. It Clicks but doesnt move. I have 13.4 volts at the battery side of the motor coil/silinoid. when the button is hit to move plow i have nothing on motor side of the coil. Does this mean coil is bad? should there be voltage going to motor side.. Could it be something else? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated...
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

Make sure you still have a ground on the solenoid, make sure that you are getting power to the exciter post on the solenoid. If both of those are good and you are not getting power through the solenoid then replace it.
  3. yabo

yabo Junior Member

Issue fixed. 12volt motor coil was bad. Replaced with a heavier duty boss one....