1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

barn door or tailgate

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by johngus, Sep 7, 2002.

1. johngus

johngus Senior Member

I've been looking at some 99 2500 suburbans lately.Has anyone seen one with a tailgate instead of barndoors?I really want a tailgate truck but cannot find one.Was this available on the earlier trucks?none of the dealers seem to know.I know the 2000's and up have that nice liftgate,but they're about $5000 more than a 99.Any info appreciated as I may have to settle for the barn doors:mad: or buy an excursion.

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

barn doors are all that were offered in that body style. when i got my burban i thought a gate would be nice but i think i have changed my mind and prefer the doors

3. johngus

johngus Senior Member

what year is your sub. Karl.How do you like it ?Do you have small or big block?I thought I only wanted a tailgate but today i was looking at the 2 stylesside by side and I think I like the barn doors more after trying both out.

4. Rocky383

Rocky383 Junior Member
    from alaska

barn doors

I have owned both in the late 80's model and much prefer the barn doors.

5. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

mine is a 1997 k2500 4x4 7.4ltr. big block. i love it