1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bargain truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mister Plow, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Mister Plow

Mister Plow Senior Member

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Its nice and all, but the price is very high. I mean for a diesel, its just broken in practically. Leather interior is nice too, seems to be in real good condition, but that price is just really high... Maybe the plow is brand new? Lol.

3. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Thats my dream truck right there, so your darn right id consider it, if I had the money that is. I wonder where in S. Saint Paul that is, Im over that way a bit.

4. plow3232

plow3232 Senior Member

Its nice truck but toooo much money I rather put that money in a new truck that looks better , just my opinion.

5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree with everyone else, the guy is smokin' something. He should check e-bay, he can see what they really sell for.

6. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

these trucks have a big following. there's someone out there that would pay $10k for that truck.

7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

it is a really nice truck but a little steep on the price haha. did those trucks come with leather back then as an option? or did the guy throw those seats in there from another ford?

8. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

It's a fair price I think cause look it even comes with a security system and plowing partner look at drivers rear tire hes doing a vehicle walk around and checkin the tires!!! hahahahahaha

9. tuna

tuna Senior Member

The OBS PSD F350`s are getting that much money here.

10. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would give 8,000 for it

11. timberjack

timberjack Member

I don't think he's too far off, certainly not way out of range. I didn't sell my 95 F250 for much less than that. It was a 7.3L PSD 5spd regular cab XL with similar miles, with cruise and air as the only options. It was spot on maintenance wise, but needed paint badly and some bodywork. My plow was an '04 8.5' pro plow.

If you consider it's got an automatic, and the monobeam front axle, there's the value right there to the right buyer.

If i was looking for one, i'd go check it out.

12. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I think that's insane for a 14 year old truck with 125,000 mies!

13. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

I agree, I don't care if it's diesel, has leather, or what kind of plow it's still 14 years old with 125,000 miles.

14. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It does seem a bit high but those old trucks are bullet proof... sadly someone will give him what he wants if it's as clean as it looks.

I would pay 8,000 for it like I said though! If we needed another truck

15. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't give a dime over 8,000. Very nice truck though.

16. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

there are 2000-2003 diesels to be had in that range, well kept is all fine and dandy, but i am pretty sure that is higher the book value for that truck

17. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I don't usually resond to these threads, but Really. Are you serious. Get off your high horse man. Wow! He might be a grand or two off, but that motor hasn't even started its life yet. 9K miles a year, that thing wasn't even driven. Anyway :waving:

18. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe because he has it on craigs list he probably figures everyone is going to beat him down.So he figures if they beat him down. They will feel good and he will still get what his truck is worth.

19. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

10K sounds like a perfect starting/ asking price.

20. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

There is no better looking truck.