1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Baptism by fire!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Corman, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Corman

Corman Member

As I mentioned before, this is my first year in snow management but I have been in the Gardening side of it for 25 years.
    Here on the west coast of Canada (Vancouver area) we have had a record snow fall. Storm after storm after storm.
    I am sure glad I did my reading here before the season and soaked up valuable information. I did use the advice here as to get subs lined up just in case.
    We had minor issues such as salter switch issues, broken cable on the atv winch (fixed within a hour) and a nail in the atv wheel (no big deal there).
    We have made our investment all back and a hell of a lot more within 2 weeks. OMG , if only I had done this years ago :cry: Lets just hope the next 8 weeks go smooth. I'll keep you all updated on my experience in my first year in snow removal.tymusic

2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

that's the only way to learn guy by experience have fun and make some green keep us posted