1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plowman52, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

I no it is late in the season but just wondering how do you get in with the banks like chase and what not to plow and mow the grass if anyone would share it with me i would be appreicite
  2. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

call the local branch and ask to speak to the gm.......tell them your interested in placing a bid for the work and if it should be done through them or a regional manager. usually its the regional manager and they have you service the local branches near you with in a set amount of distance. When its a small local bank with a few branches spread out over a county or two, you do the same thing, but those want one company to do all usually
  3. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I talked to Chase, First Source, Centier, and another local bank where I live and you have to get in touch with the grounds manager and most of them started signing contracts before August. They told us in August they were getting landscaping and lawn mowing bids. Hope this helps.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Take to a branch manager and ask for the property manager name,cal ask for a bid packet most are 3 yr contracts so it may take a year or two. Took my 2 years for my first bank now have 2 branches and working on more.
  5. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

If u could tell me and I no it's diffeerent from place to place what u get for plowing it and salting also if anyone mows them what u get per mow and push
  6. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

?????????????????????? I think you may be in for a lot of ?????????????
  7. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

Right can't hurt to ask
  8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

bid enough to make a profit and cover YOUR expenses including INSURANCE, workmans comp money on the side for repairs and other expenses. Think about sub-contracting to someone for a year or two until you get an idea for pricing
  9. bartolini

bartolini Member

Usmaintenance used to have Jpmorgan Chase in the lower hudson valley, NY. They lost it last season with the bank failings disaster. Who has the contract now? I used to do 21 of the branches.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

my aunt was the vice president of chase lincoln when she was alive, so herson bought a brandnew 77 scottsdale snofightr, this guy was anal, i went and plowed with him and did lawn work for him when i was a kid,

ya know the sticker thatsays do not plow over 5mph, he would not go over it, he ended up quitting it, he said he could'ntmake any money at it, i told him plowing at 5mph no wonder, then there was a scare about the fuel tanks, his momma made him park it,

i **** you not, the truck was mint still had the vinyl seatcover on and everything, he would'nt sell it to me because of the fuel tanks, he had about 30 thou on her when he sold it for 700, i stopped talking to him after that, he has more **** at his barn that he does'nt use, it basically rots in place lol, last i seen he had a walters an oshkosh ,payloader, and aerial lift. everybody needsto have this **** laying around lol, he has them covered with tarps on his barn property,

maybe thats why he never left home lol he's a mommas boy at age 50 haha
  11. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Sometimes what you don't have is alot more than you've got even if you got alot, ya know what I mean?
  12. tutianoburgante

tutianoburgante Member

The guy is out of Port Jervis New York and he does them all the way up to northern Dutchess county with a pick up and bagged salt.
  13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Wondering how I keep getting subscribed to threads without me posting to them?

Apparently Charles or MJD haven't been to Flint to know that I was only half kidding about the armor plating and bulletproof vests.
  14. bartolini

bartolini Member

That seems to be the case. One of my workers met up with one of his on a Northern Westchester County Chase site in one of our plazas. The truck was an old pickup, no name, and a dirty sand salt mix was being hand cast. This must have been a poor quality sub the Port Jervis contractor must not realize. Chase would not hand out the work to a hack company.

I imagine this Port Jervis, LI company subs most of the work. My range for the Chase banks was up to 65 miles handled in house with new trucks gps tracked for efficiency and management purposes. Logistically, form Long Island over any of the boroughs bridges makes it impossible to provide proper service in house. I grew up in Queens and know the roads on all ends all to well.

Thanks for the info.

FYI....Flurried for two consecutive days here in Westchester County last week (October 17, 2009)
  15. tutianoburgante

tutianoburgante Member

Yhea last year he broke down on Rt. 9 North it was a belt problem, nevertheless some banks didn't't get serviced. He signed a 2 year and this is the last year.