1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Banks Not open 24 hours but have ATM

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by silvetouch, Dec 3, 2005.

1. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

I was wondering how many of you plow banks that are not open on the weekend or 24 hours but have ATM's at them.
    Do you still plow / salt them at night or on the weekend because people may still go through the parking lot or do u just leave them alone?

2. wls

wls Senior Member

Plow according to what my contract states. In other words yes.

3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I 2nd that.Contract say's lot is to be cleared and open 24/7 payup payup

4. EXCESSIVE FORCE

EXCESSIVE FORCE Junior Member

Funny,
    We just picked up 2 banks with the possibility of 5 because of this.I don't know why people bid jobs,and then never show up to do them.It's great for us keep bidding LOWBALLERS !!payup

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

Where in Michigan are you?

6. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

i am in the downriver area.

7. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

Just plowed two this morning. Banks want everything cleared for ATM use. Besides, if you don't keep them plowed, the ATM users and deposit box users will have them run flat and turn them into a sheet of ice. Alot harder to remove hardpack than new snow.

8. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

funny this should come up i was just wondering the same thing this morning. there is a bank close to one of the apartment complexes i plow for. any normal business day the lot is always bare. they pretreat before the storm and do a really good job i would say. but i was out last night and most of the day today and the place hadn't been touched. not even the back lot where the atm is. i would think the bank would want it kept clean 24/7 but i guess not.

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I plow 2 of them here in MN.

If it's a real deep snow, then I go through them.

If it's under 4", I just leave them until I plow the entire lot.

As far as salt, the president just has me doing the sidewalks and where employees / customers walk, not the drive thru.

10. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

Banks

The banks are my best customers. Zero inch trigger ....just keep the people from slipping. We are authorized to respond on our own whenever necessary..day ofter storm pre treat whatever we deem nec. to keep hazard free. We even do some lots that landlord or others are responsible but dont get done till am when bank needs 24hr atm access.

11. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Don't you just love that 24hr ATM.Actually you would not believe how many people go to the ATM at 3am,7-10 people an Hr. At 3am ?????