1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Banks automind programmer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Hysert, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Just ordered a Banks automind programmer for my 03. tow mode says 100hp 185 fpt??? also says its compatable with my 11 6L but have to run 91 octane, and can only use on one trk at a time. anyone use thie system and hows does it work on ur trk??

2. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

Automind duramax unit on a 6.0L gas.... I never heard about that. I have a econmind banks on my 2000 cummins. I know that it will not work on the gas. I have EFI live on my LB7 duramax and honestly it was the best money spent. Im going to replace my Banks Ecomind on my cummins because the more I talk to performance diesel guys.. the more they don't like banks tunes. Just my 0.02cents

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2 on Efi-Live on a Dmax truck. No hand held programmer can compare.

http://duramaxtuner.com/

4. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Thx guys. The programmer came in but wont work on my 3500 dmax cause its a cab and chassie???? Banks said they wont programme a cab and chassie spec truck cause they known there worked hard and dont want to be held liable for blowing it up... so I sent it back...

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd just get Efi-Live. My boss has a C&C 3500 GMC Dump with the duramax and a 3 position DSP switch in it. For a baby dump, that thing cruises right along. The tow tune is really nice for the enclosed mowing trailer as well.

6. Ant118

Ant118 Senior Member

EFI Live all the way. I'm planning on doing a cummins swap into my 2001 2500hd duramax and I'm gonna use EFI live on the swap aswell with my dsp 5 switch.