1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bank plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by toyotaboy, Dec 19, 2015.

1. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

Has anyone done or still do bank plowing. It has 2 entrances and 3 drive thru lanes and 3 sides of sidewalk shoveling and salting of entire job when done plowing. Not a huge job but curious of your experience. Waiting to hear back from them on their decision.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Bank plowing was so 80's ATM's are the in thing now.

3. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Never a bank but I do a Credit Union.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Done a million Chase, MB Financial, and PNC's. But what's your question??? What "decision"???

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

We had three high profile, high traffic ones. Yea what's the questions?

6. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

I guess as long as there closed when servicing them not to much of a pain until they open for business & everyone wants to get in then it could be tight. I hear a lot of people on here say they don't want gas station's just wondering if it is similar to them when opened. never done gas station's. do you usually have a opportunity to bid the lawn service also

7. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

i guess basically the pita factor is what i was wondering i'm sure there are worst jobs to do other than banks and if you provide good service do they usually stay with you for a few years or like everything else it's price shopping

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The ones we did SUCKED

9. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

During off hours they are easy. when they are open add 30% to your time. Then I just do drive lanes and try to get what parking spots I can. Then salt, salt , and salt some more. same with sidewalks. The drive though is a PITA during the day.

10. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

thanks dieselss for your opinion on your past experiences with them but if it doesn't start staying cold on the east coast i guess it won't matter cause there will be no snow to plow this year

11. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

thanks truckitup that's what i was expecting on that when i did my pricing for them & a little more salt usage than normal. more is better in this case with foot traffic and yes grandview the atm is in their drive thru lane also.

12. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

when it comes to payment are they like some other places i have. even though i have payment due by such a time frame. like the lawyers parking lot it takes them almost 45 days for a check

13. JustJeff

I've never had any big problems with them. During open hours you just keep the entrances clean. The drive throughs are never a big deal because they're covered and people can always get through them. Go in after hours and do your thing. The Chase's became a pain in the ass, but only because they started requiring us to download one of their aps and take pictures before and after. Not too big of a deal though.

14. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

We plow 22 banks total and would take on another 22. The banks we do want perfect service and pay accordingly for it. Yes they are a pain during business hours but they open later than many businesses and close at a descent time and aren't open on Sunday's or any holidays so for us they are a good fit. Most of them are plowed with a large skid or mini loader so plowing is rather quick. Salt truck driver swings in and salts and does drive through where pusher can't fit and is on its way. Most of them have small sidewalks that salt truck driver takes care of. A few have large city block type sidewalks and those are done by our sidewalk crews. Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate a bit to take on a bank as long as they want good service which most do. We used to do gas stations and will never do them again. Wayy more of a pain than any bank we have done. Jmo

15. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

biggest pita is the ice that forms in the drive thru lanes, just like fast food joints. you know, that big hump from the water dripping off the cars in line and freezing on the ground.

16. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

good to hear mostly good feedback on them they never mentioned pictures but i try to remember to usually take 1 or 2 for each place when serviced. also log time in and out and conditions when i arrive to a site it's only paperwork but it can be useful to have. there was only one section maybe ten ft. that wont get a lot of sun and snow melt will run toward that area. and yes right into the drivethru. we talked about that condition in our conversation. like truckitup mentioned salt,salt and a little more salt for that area in particular. thanks for everyone's input on this it's been very helpful

17. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

How bout covienence stores? Have any n if so, what tips might you have? Just signed up as sub to do several...don't get out. Have a jeep. Thx.

18. JustJeff

Start your own thread. Don't hijack this one.

19. info4tim

info4tim Senior Member

Hey hey don't get your panties in a wad! Just asking the dude since banks n small stores are same type of property is all. Wow

20. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Most have ATMs, but you'll need to get out to use them.

That info is in a different thread you haven't started yet.

Don't forget your gloves and mask when doing a bank job.