1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bank of America

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tjlands, Aug 29, 2009.

1. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Anybody deal with the new company that handles the B of A. national account.
    Was contacted and I am bidding on many locations in NJ.
    They are out of Kansas, Complete Landscaping.
    I do believe they had the account last year.
    Any info pro or con would be appreciated.
  2. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

My uncle plows the ones around here and i think thats the company that he deals with i haven't heard about any problems and he''s not the kinda guy that lets people screw with him. they also had him pick-up the lawn care for them this year also.
  3. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Did they request seasonal or per event pricing?
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure they aren't on the cosling list. They just announced they are closing 600 branches .
  5. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

I thought USM had this account. I know they have all of the BOA's in PA. Does complete do the work through Jones Lang LaSalle?
  6. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Guys I m pretty sure USM got fired.
    The sites I have looked at so far, over 40 of them,
    were a mess as far as the landscaping, which I am bidding on also.
  7. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

The landscaping is a mess around here too.
  8. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

im almost positive its per event and they had something in there he was pissed about saying it had to stop snowing for some many hours before he could bill them for another push even if he pushed a second time in one event but i think he got them to do it his way becuase he said he wasnt going to take it on if it was like that. But this is just my .02 about it he dosent really share this stuff with me, but i pick up on some stuff from his wife.
  9. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I use to plow them as a sub when is was lasalle bank in chicagoland,let me tell you when is was lasalle i heard it paid very well and on time,when bak of america took over my boss lost the contracts and they bid out price was less then half of what he had been getting the last 10 years,I also pulled both of my business accounts out of there after the take over
  10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

USM hasnt serviced BOAs for a few years at least.. as far back as i can think of in the couple years working for them.

They do handle some wachovias though in the NJ area.

tjlands.. we to got info from that company for plowing the BOA accounts, we had a full quotation worked up for them, and of course since they were so spread out, we were only interested in the burlington county area sites. We planned to use a big sub for a south jersey group of them just to be able to gain the burlington accounts, but they came back after all that and says they want a SET monthly price.

I'm not willing to do that for so many sites and such small properties. I think our bid would have been competitive per push and per salt event every inch but i think we'd surely be way out of the ballpark for what i'd want on a "safe" set monthly rate.

And accounts like that you know, always call for MORE services because theyre on that set rate... companies like us could lose out big time on contracts like that

maybe they should call beachwood or lipinskis lol
  11. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

I did Plowing at Bank of America last year, Thru USM. no issues on getting payed for the contract price, extra snow removal, and even a fallen tree removal.

I hope they still have it again this year
  12. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

USM didnt have the ones in NJ area though. Since we plow some of their accounts on our routes, and pass BOAs while doing other stores... they wouldnt have contracted us to do one and not the other, i would have at least seen the bid pack or site list.