1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bank Of America Info

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowangel13, Dec 30, 2008.

1. snowangel13

snowangel13 Junior Member
    from chicago

Any info would be helpful. I was contacted by a ladsape company in witchata kansas that wanted to use me to sub out some bank of america locations in chicago. They claim that they have 1200 locations. Anybody know anything about them?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What was the name of the Landscape company? US Maintenance?
  3. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

run. no run and hide!
  4. dmcenery

dmcenery Member

Forget about it. That guy will get your quote and never call you back. If you try to call them they don't reply.
  5. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

they must have every single bank of america in illinois....if there even is 1200 in the whole state...according to the website theres 50 of em within 10 miles of my house, still a lot more to go to 1200. i do a small shopping center with a bank of america in it on the corner. we do everything but the bank of america. its weird though, like 4 mexicans come there with a tahoe with a plow but they just do the sidewalks and then later on someone comes in a 350 dump and plows and salts it, why dont the mexicans just plow it?:confused: ill try and look at the name on the truck next time if ya want
  6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Because that's how the management companies like this one that contacted you work. the guys in the Tahoe will do the walks much cheaper than the guy in the dump, and the guy in the dump, having the ability to salt it, can do the lot much cheaper than the guys in the Tahoe. This plays into what dmcenery said...they go with the absolute lowest of estimates. This is why thge vast majority of people don't hear from them. I get calls all the time of this sort from one company to another. Many of them now use terms like "exclusive" and "sealed bidding", which is completely irrelevant to what they really do, because they are just bottom feeders anyway. On the other hand, if you are able to afford to loan this outfit all your seasons earning for 6 months to a year, or even better yet, work to not get paid at all, I would say go for it. There are many many threads on here having to do with outfits like this that have screwed people over.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  7. dmcenery

dmcenery Member

You are exactly right. They called a friend of mine in Nov. He provided them with pricing and never got any response. It was different when they were La Salle banks, they managed the snow with a "in house" contact person. Bank of America bought them out and has all of their building maint. needs handled by these clowns.

I did work for us maintenance a few years ago, it took a attorney and a year and a half to get a payment plan. You can not run away fast enough.

The down side is that, with the economy what it is ( my company does 100% commercial / retail) i am finding that companies that i have been bidding with are now out-sourcing to companies like usm.there are some that are ok to work with.
    I got a call from super*!% maintenance mainly a snow company, they were nice enough to give me what they are willing to pay, it was a mall in ct, owned by wes*field, next to berlin, all inclusive,(loaders required) material and labor , 1-4'' $3100.00 not 31k.

I hope it is not a indication of whats in store, there will be a ass for every seat.

FINE LAWNS Junior Member
    from PA

grandview jour picture looks great, joure a knockout!!!!!!:)

FINE LAWNS Junior Member
    from PA

grandview jour picture looks great, joure a knockout!!!!!!:)

FINE LAWNS Junior Member
    from PA

things are bad all over.but we have to be smart , we see $ sings every where and most of the time we dont use the thing between our ears.i dont do banks , retail operations,or any other property that i have a funny feeling about. i only work for HOA that are managerd by a good mgt co. we also do the summer maintenance (recesion proof) on the same properties.
  12. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

anybody Know who did the BOA's last season? I know SnowBiz aka Chicago Service Group finished the year last season and got a 3 yr contract for them this year.
  13. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Brickman had most
  14. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

really... they still have some of them?
  15. mws399LAWN

mws399LAWN Member

Tovar does the one in Morris and brick men does landscape