1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bank lots

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by plowman777, Jul 3, 2004.

1. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

anyone have banks as customers?..what do i need to know thats different from normal?
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Plowman............I service a bank. Plowing, salting, etc.

My bar/rest./hotel operation leases our shared parking lotand access to the bank next door.

Same deal as any commercial lot. Liability etc etc.
    The one I service requires MORE than usual once a day cleanup.

We have over 200 inches of lake effect "white gold" in my area.
    So I may have to pre-treat/shovel/plow as needed !
    I charge by the push............or what ever is necessary.

I use Turkey Wings on my blade.......They work wonders clearing
    the narrow drive thru lanes..........

Wanna Laugh ? The snooty bank mgr. lady complained I used
    TOO much salt, ice melt, etc. and folks were tracking it into the
    bank !
    I explained when the sun hits the roof the water drips on the walks then melts the deicer/magic salt and MUST be retreated because it will freeze later in the day and become a sheet of ice !

Wasn't good enough for her and she only wanted it done ONCE
    a day............FINE.............

Guess who slipped and fell 2 days later and broke HER wrist !

I was admiring her shiny new cast the next day....and said nothing...........BUT she did tell me to salt as MUCH as I thought was needed after that...............LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted this story last winter here as "the lady who cried too much salt !" ................geo
  3. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

anyone have east coast pricing per push?
  4. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

I have a couple that I service. They have turned out to be my greatest customers. I like them because unlike housing complexes they require more than one trip per storm. Usually in my area they want to see dry pavement all the time. This is especially true on Fridays, Saturdays, & Monday mornings.payup As with all customers if you treat them right you can plow the lot the way you want & that is when I make the most money. I like to always remember to pick up the daily paper and leave it right in front of the main doors. DON"T forget about that outside drive up atm machine on Sundays & Early weekday mornings!