1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

banging noise

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by rrob1399, Dec 12, 2006.

1. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

i dont know why but if i angle all the way right and i reach the end and let go of thr knob the plow makes a bang noise but only if i hold it right not if i tap slowley right. not when the plow turns right but when it stops and i let go? weird

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Normal occurrence for an E-60 being operated by a slik-stik or toggles. The hand held control corrects this.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like lawnmedic said, it's totally normal. It's caused by the C valve slamming closed when you let go of the switch.

4. rrob1399

rrob1399 Junior Member

yeah but its not an e 60 its an e 47

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Doesn't matter which pump you have they will all do it. E47, E57 or E60. The only thing that will help is to switch over to the touch pad style controller.

6. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Is the toggles and the action they make the B and C solenoid go through why so many blow out those solenoids or every so often?

As opposed to the gentler action with the touch pads?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats an interesting question LLM, the touch pad MAY (can't say definitly) help prolong the life of the B valve but It DOES seem to help the C valve live longer in my experiences.

8. LLM Ann Arbor

Well it would make sense.

I have the touch pad on my unit. I treat it with tender loving care too, never dropping it, and I remove it when not in use and keep it in the house so it doesn't freeze and all that.

I've heard people have bad luck with them but i have to believe its because of abuse or what not.

I might even take it out to dinner and a movie this weekend since its getting so lonely with no snow.

heh

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe even get somebody to knit you a little sweater for it,would make a nice Christmas gift! LOL! Yea you gotta treat them with care to make them live.

10. LLM Ann Arbor

oh awsome....a great idea for a picture thread too

lol