1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Baltimore snow pics 2009

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ColumbiaLand, Nov 23, 2010.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I found about 200 pictures on a camera from Baltimore last year, Figured I would share some. I will add more in the coming days if I get time. The pictures are of a street that we cleaned up and some the deep snow and the bulldozer clearing snow, It was that BAD!

dozer snow.jpg

before street.jpg

after street.jpg

cat 1.jpg

cat 2.jpg
  2. ColumbiaLand

More pictures, Everytime I look at these pics I wish we had more equipment down there than just the 2 skids and 3 trucks, but we will be there again if this happens for sure with more equipment! Shout out to Brian as well he was with us!

cat 3.jpg

cat 4 action.jpg

deep car snow.jpg
  3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics.....Its was a fun time here as well...somthing i will never forget.
  4. ColumbiaLand

Were you down there?

Everyone went to DC, but Baltimore was hit the hardest, They just talked about DC more on the news, I think that is one reason why some people who had no plan just headed there and hoped to make money.
  5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet! Can't wait to see more!!
  6. ColumbiaLand

Yeah it was a lot of work down there, If we could have only stayed a few more days it would have been even better.
  7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

No.....but we had a total of 70-80 for the winter....Philly had 78 for the season. We just did not have the problems they had down there, as i feel we prob handeled it better. My friend lives in baltimore, and from what he said i would def agree that it was worse then DC. Thats cool that you guys went down there, i would have def done it also. I saw brians thread, and he said it was worth it money wise...so thats def good to hear for both of you
  8. ColumbiaLand

It was very worth it and I would do it again tomorrow!:D
  9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Who payed you? The township? And how did you about go attaining the work/contract? I heard about that, I had my own stuff to maintain. Never understood how guys got paid from all the work though...
  10. ColumbiaLand

Some work was private, The main chunk was paid through emergency disaster zone funds I believe. Several states were declared disaster areas by the govt
  11. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

As EGLC said above, did someone call you or did you call someone? You didn't just jump in the truck, knock on the city hall door and say "Ok im here to plow" did you?
  12. ColumbiaLand

We had some contact down there thanks to some other parties that worked with us!
  13. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Can't wait to see more pic's!!
  14. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Hes not going to give his connection up! I wouldn't at least! But yes we made some serious money last year!!
  15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice pictures and equipment. You are so lucky you are getting snow.
  16. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

that d5 is a nice dozer
  17. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pictures What did the trucks do? I see work for skids and larger equipment by the few pics it doesnt look like there was much truck work?
  18. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

LOL Coliin, from some "other parties". We're great at keeping everyone guessing and thats the way it's going to stay! Sorry guys but I didn't go nuckinfutz for 2 days prepping so everyone else can profit from this! Yes it was TONS of red tape and burned up a few minutes on the phone and fax. Next time Collin.....a couple loaders and a skid steer or two more. We just got an invite to some Mayor's dinner with a bunch of Baltimore's upper brass but we respectfully declined.
  19. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

that's 3 weeks i would like to forget lol, my favorite was watching the D8 from our land fill driving down Joppa rd dragging the cable lines on the ROPS. i tried to take pics of it but he had all the lights on so all i had was a big white glow on the pic
  20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice pictures pretty cool to be traveling snow plowers! pittsburgh got hit real bad too but that month of feburary will live forever in my mind I had a blast never plowed so much snow before, the first night is something I will never forget saw and did some of the craziest things we had a state of emergency and everything was shut down heres a link to my pics from that storm: