1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ballpark price for a complete setup 1996 Tahoe

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by hondashadow, Jul 24, 2005.

1. hondashadow

hondashadow Junior Member

I Thought i would give this a try since i didn't get any responses with my other questions.... I have been out of the plowing business for 18+ years, when they still had belt driven pumps.... anyway i am looking for some advice on a setup for a 1996 Chevy Tahoe..... i don't know if i should go with Fisher, Meyers etc..... i want to look at Snoway... i know NOTHING about them... My plowing will only consist of driveways and small parking lots..... I want to purchase a setup ASAP.... might sound weird in the middle of he summer, but i don't want to wait for the rat race..... what would it cost me used/new
    I live in Massachusetts and looking for a snoway dealer....
  2. motorider000

motorider000 Senior Member

I would go with a standard duty boss. 7.5' will run you about $3400-$3600 installed.
  3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

How to setup your Tahoe

If I were you and I was focusing on residential and had a SUV...I would first look at the +/-'s of your type of vehicle, and the type of situations you will be running into.

Vehicle: SUV
    Plus's: Shorter turning radius, Short overall length, Room for your buddies.
    Minus's: Poor visibility, Hard to put a snowblower in, Forget about getting setup for salting.

Type of customer: Residential
    Plus's: Plenty to go around, Great if you can hammer a neighborhood, Potential add-ons if you landscape.
    Minus's Can be picky picky picky, Some don't pay or pay slow, Lots of backing up, More things to hit, In bad weather it takes awhile to get around if the drives are spread out, The town plow coming after you've plowed.
    Type of customer: Small commercial
    Plus's: Mostly pushing, Better paying, Salt Add-ons, shorter trigger depth=more pushes=more$.
    Minus's: Daytime events=cars in the parking lot, Sometimes no place to put snow, Having to have better insurance.

What to get on the SUV if Residential is the gig:

7 1/2 foot Fisher HD. Don't waste money on light duty it not worth it.
    Back-drag blade for better scraping. Most of the time you'll be in reverse.
    Blade Foil. So you can increase your plowing speeds and throw snow off to the right, really good for parking lots or long driveways.
    Single unit, Dual rotating halogen warning lights. Don't need to go overkill.
    Additional Back-up lights. The more the better since this is what your going to be doing mostly.
    Signage. So you get more business.
    A big cup holder for your 56oz coffee :D

This is what I would do.