1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ballpark Hourly rates in maryland for truck and skid steer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kipper0827, Dec 14, 2010.

1. kipper0827

kipper0827 Member

I know that rates change from state to state.I live in the DC area and wanted to get a ballpark idea of what the going rate is for a truck with a 7 1/2 foot plow with salter, and a case 1840 with a 8 foot plow? One of my good friends has alot of contracts in this area, but his ballpark rates were a lot lower then some of the one's I have read, but I know he will pay me right when the storm ends. I just want to know what is a fair price for me as a subcontactor.

I also might be looking for subcontacting work in the montgomery county area. Thanks

2. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

We usually go by SHA's pricing each season.
    Find someone who is contracted with them, and price accordingly.

3. triadpm

triadpm Member
    from 21771

The larger landscape companies charge around $140/hr for a truck and sometimes a little more for a skidsteer. They pay their subs around $80-$90/hr and usually the same for a skid.