1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ballest Reduction

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowman1984, Jan 15, 2010.

1. plowman1984

plowman1984 Member

If i had a ballest of 800 pounds on my truck and I were to do timbrens on it would that reduce the Ballest?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with a little extra weight on the rear end.

3. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Had to buy the old lady a set of Timbrens for Xmas...Had to put her on a ballest reduction...so I got the tv wired into the tread mill...so I got that going for me :nod:

4. plowman1984

plowman1984 Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA:laughing:

5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

You still need the same weight. Unless you get a lighter plow, ballast is still going to be the same.

6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Timbrens don't make the weight disappear, just help the truck hold it better.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nice.What's her e mail address?

8. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

not sure, but her website is: asbigasahouse.com

9. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Grandview???

If that is your picture in your avatar I am surprised you was promoting all that extra weight in the "backend" ???????:laughing:
    You look like a lady that runs a minimum of ballast???:blush2: Or is this your pardners avatar????

10. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

why would it reduce the ballast? the ballast is there to counter the weight of the plow. The timbrens would just help the truck carry the weight. Your weight requirements would remain the same.