1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ballast??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by M&A Property Maintenance, Nov 14, 2006.

1. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

How much ballast do I need for a 2003 F250 super duty? I have a 8' Fisher X-Blade. thanks in advance

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Click on the Fisher link at the top of the page. They offer "ematch" , After answering all the questions about your truck, it will offer plow choices. Pick your plow then it will give you all part #s for plow and how much ballast you will need.

3. M&A Property Maintenance

thanks lawnmedic, 450 lbs wesport

4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

MFiggs, it depends on what type of cab set up, and what engine you have. 450 seems light. Last year I put in 700lbs, and this year I will do atleast that. The plow alone weighs around 850lbs. You are trying to balance that out. 450 is only half of that....

5. M&A Property Maintenance

I have the super cab with a 6'8" bed. i put all that info into the e-match on the fisher web site and they said 450

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

That sounds a little shy. Give it a shot, and if its too light, put some more in. Good luck!

7. M&A Property Maintenance

i thought it was a little light too, i'll probabally end up putting around 700 in there

8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

The more the merrier