1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ballast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEXTDAYSIGNS, Oct 28, 2004.

1. NEXTDAYSIGNS

NEXTDAYSIGNS Member

I need some ideas for this year because I am going to be carrying a snowblower. In years past I have just placed a 2X10 in the slots in the bed and loaded it up with sand bags. This wont work this ear because the blower needs to go in and out at times. Any ideas???

2. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

I would make a layer on the bottom of the bed of sand bags, or brick..Then cover with a piece of plywood..You could use it like the floor, only a little higher

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

You could use patio stones. If you put 4-24"x24" and 2-30"x24" in the bed of the truck they would fill it perfectly. Then if you need to remove them there are only 6 pcs. to take out. They are thin and won't take up much room. Then you can put the blower on top.