1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ballast & Timbrens

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mr. Jon, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

I have timbrens in the front and rear of my truck. I typically put 26 bags of salt behind the rear axle (1,300 lbs.). It works great for traction, but with the timbrens in the rear, the rear does not go down. So no matter how much weight I put behind the rear axle, it does not act as counterweight or at least it does not lift the front of the truck up.

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I think Cretebaby is going to have to draw you some pictures with his pencil.:laughing::waving:

3. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

BTW it's not a problem, just an observation I thought I'd share on here and see if someone else with timbrens in the rear noticed the same thing.

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That's an inside joke. Sorry.

5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I have them on the rear of my 99 half ton and have the same results, I just went and picked up 1 ton of salt in my truck and the guy was surprised the it did''t squat like a half ton should.

6. TerrForms

TerrForms Member

I've got them in the back of my F150. When I get a yard of sand the loader guy can't beleive it! Only goes down about 2inches.