1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ball park wheel well repair? W/pic

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TMLGC, Jun 29, 2014.

1. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Just curious on opinions on ball park estimate to have this wheel well, and I'm assuming fender along with it repaired or replaced.. From the outside this truck looks mint I actually get comments on it. Is this something that can be professionally patched or do both pieces need to be taken out and replaced? I'm sure the other side is not far along.

Combined with the fact that my hydro boost is leaking and possible wheel bearings needing replacement and other minor fixes I may throw in the towel on this truck and start shopping for another. Combined with all the repairs I still need to put a plow on it prior to winter. I may be better off using the trucks equity and all that repair and plow money to put down on something newer. Unless the fender/wheel well fix is no big deal but Im guessing other wise. The aforementioned repairs are beyond my capability.

2000 Chevy 2500 with a 6.0

[​IMG]

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What is that a pic of?

3. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

The rusted out top of the wheel well where it joins the stock fender flare. Looking from inside, basically my phone was flipped over on top of the tire if that makes sense.

4. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Everything is going on behind my finger. As you can see from the outside you would never know. I have a feeling this with some of the basic repairs will be several thousand. Combined with another couple thousand for a good plow installed, yet the used truck prices seem out of control and nothing to say in 2 years Ill be right back to where I'm at now. Just hoping mabye this is less complicated than I think it is.

[​IMG]

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That's all up to you. Repairs vers another trk?

6. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

$19.95 for that BOGO infomercial deal on the spray cans of rubber sealant, lol! I mean you can go fishing in a boat with a screen door for a floor - sealed with that stuff! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

7. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

try plowing with a screen door on your front bumper

8. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

$668 from local body shop to replace fender and wheel well ect,,the inside of the fender holding on the flares is too far gone to repair.