1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ball joints.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sonicblue2003, Sep 12, 2006.

1. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

I have a 03 250 . Are there any suggestions as to a brand of ball joint to use and do any of them have grease fittings? I'm due to replace them again at 90Kms.

2. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

I did aftermarkets, from Oreilly. Come on Ford how much would it cost for grease zerks? Options?

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i used napa bjs they came with grease fittings. had an 05 f 550 in my shop had grease fittings on bj and front ujoints
    john

4. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

ball joints

I just rebuilt my whole front end on my 1985 F-250 4x4, I got all my parts from NAPA, And I got the HD ball Joints will the zerks. No more play in my front end :) :) :bluebounc .

5. 04f250xlt

04f250xlt Junior Member

Motorcraft..

I just had uppers and lowers replaced on both sides 2004 F250...
    Cost me $50.00!!
    Warranty Baby!
    :drinkup:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  6. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

Do they cover the tire wear and loss in mileage and wages? $50?

7. 04f250xlt

04f250xlt Junior Member

Considering that there is no snow, there is no loss of wages. This is the Plowsite, Right ??
    The problem was fixed so only minimal tire wear.
    Thanks for checking..

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  8. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

Sorry but where we are at just snow wouldn't cut it. We don't have big enough snows regularly. So it ain't worth the time or money to buy a FORD they just can't discount them enough, maybe for a daily driver, you don't drive much, but for a regularly used work truck forget it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

wow Travel'n Trees you really dont like Fords do you.

10. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

I think they look good! But as far as cutting corners, on purpose, overating their productson purpose,offering free finanacing, huge discounts, endangaring lifes,and safety, and then lieing cheating and stealing from their customers, Nobody beats FORD.

11. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

thats funny i thought the same thing when i had a 01 GMC 2500 with the duramax.

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

TNT, still haven't bitched enough? Go someplace else, I think I can speak for most of us when I say "If you don't have anything nice to say, shut up" I'd bet more than 90% of your posts have been bashing Fords. Go whine someplace else or grow up and actually give some help to people asking questions about plowing. This is plowsite not piss and moan site or bashford.com.

Not sure on mine, but I believe they were MOOGs, just don't put the same junk that Ford originally installed. I've had one truck that went 78K, another 56K, and one 19K.

13. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

Thanks almost everybody for your replys. I will look at my options and try to get the best parts I can.

14. tanker6

tanker6 Member
    from CT

Federal Mogule.Never trust moog again. The joint was loose and needed to be replaced after 30k miles. My dad wanted moog, said they used to be the name when he was young and workin on his own cars. After that I've used federal. No problems yet.

15. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Now that you say that, it jogs my memory, Federal may have been the brand that was installed. I'll try to dig up the invoice on mine.

16. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

No matter what you do the ball joints are going to wear out. The weight of the plow and the work the front end is doing will shorten their life. We have a bunch of plow truck owners in my neighborhood. I have talked to most of them and they all say the same thing. About every 30k miles + you are going to be replacing ball joints / tie rods / pitman arms if not all of them, most.
    As far as being JUNK, hello - most of the parts on all brand vehicles are made by the same manufacturers world wide.
    A company does not get to be the best selling by selling JUNK. A lot of fleets must be running JUNK too, since so many are FORD.