1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ball joints

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by peteo1, Sep 13, 2014.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Going to be replacing ball joints and possibly tie rod ends in my truck before too much longer. I was thinking about going with Moog only because I have always had good luck with them but someone told me that they're no longer made in the U.S. and they aren't what they used to be. I shopped around online and I see Raybestos is pretty comparatively priced but I've never used them. Any thoughts on either one or maybe somebody knows another good brand?

2. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

replaced all my front end parts in the spring of 2013 with moog products, alil over 16k miles on them and no problems. got it all from rockauto.com cheap prices, made sure I got geasable everything. just did the u-joints in the driveshaft about 3 weeks ago no problems, gotta do the front driveshaft yet, and is all moog products as well.

3. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Raybestos pro grade, not the service grade are a step up from Moog. Only one better than them are DYNATRAC and Carli, but they are a lot more money.

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's good to hear about the moog parts. I've heard of carli and I don't think I want to pay that much! Lol
    Might go with the moog just because of previous history and I'll definitely check rockauto

5. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

Yea I think for the ball joints in my truck rockauto was some were between $30-$40 cheaper then advance for the moogs