1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ball joint

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 2low4nh, Sep 19, 2009.

1. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

Is thee a place ican order a ball joint for a fisger plow controller. this is just the older style 2 cable 4 way plow. the ball joint that holds the raise lower cable. the only place close to me does not carry only the ball you have to buy the whole controller.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

First off, it would help if we knew exactly what it is you have for equipment. From what I gather you have a under the hood hyd. pump that is cable operated. I'm not too familiar with the old cable operated Fishers, however I am pretty handy with there resources.

Lang's Corner Garage is one of the best North East Dealers.....imo. They also are in your back yard...Rye, NH http://www.langscornergarage.com/

If they don't have it they will get it within a day or two, and they know Fisher stuff without having to look it up. Speaking of not having, chances are if this is a part within a part (like a controller) your going to have to source a new controller rather then the part.....but then again, I don't know what you have specifically.

Here is a link to the Fisher site. You can track down a part through here and get more useful information when you need it.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

if you have the electric/hydraulic pump with a joystick that's called a platen. Should have them in stock if you can not find them local. If its a T handle your SOL you have to buy the "new" joystick style controller.

888-448-2464 8-3 est m-f

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  4. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

not electric atall its all hydro under hood. i just bought the truck not to sure what everything on it is yet but i know its all fisher. its oneof the joysticks like an arcade machine. you can see the joint clearly its a threaded ball joint kinda like a zerk fittig. theplow was only used a couple of times even though its older its in new condition

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Probably ought to post a pic of the part in question.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  7. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

yep #2 on that list part number 5858 ball stud. (ball joint) now where can i order online? all the dealers are atleast an hour away.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

See now, that's the easy part. Call Langs, they will have it shipped to you. You can either pay by credit/debit card or send them a check. It's not listed on there website so chances are they won't have it in stock (kinda figured that anyway)....that is if it is still available. Either way, they can get if it can be got, and get it to you within a week if not less.

The other thing you can do is go to http://fisherplows.com/distlocator.asp and pump in your zip code & how far you would like to travel for one, call all the dealers within your set mile range and see if they have one on hand. Chances are slim to none of it being on the shelf.....but it's another option.

9. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

i guess i will call langs then! gonna ask around hre see if anyone has a old controller firstthat i can rob one off of. this is the smallestof all the problems on the truck.

10. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

get many... i busted many of those damn things with one of my old trucks

11. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

if iorder depending on price i will get a few as spares. i guess you can use a holley carb fuel line joint. i may have some of those in the garage.

12. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

not a bad price.....from the dealer it's a $19 list price. CPW has them for $15

14. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

i see it has a grease fitting ... keep it greased ...might last longer ....

15. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

who is cpw? i dont see a grease fitting

16. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

17. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

i cant find them on ther site. could you post a lnk

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

19. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry I guess they call it a ball Stud .... Looked like a grease fitting .....