1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ball joint replacement boots

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ranbro, Dec 24, 2001.

1. ranbro

ranbro Junior Member
    from 21207

Does anybody know where I can get replacement boots for the upper & lower ball joints on a 1982 Chev. C-10 2x4, so I don`t have to actually remove them from the control arms, since there is at this time "no play" in the joints, & the only thing wrong with them is that the boots are cracked & won`t hold a standard load of grease.
    (And wouldn`t you know it, I`ve got the one where the lower ball joint must be pressed out & in for replacement)

Way back when I had a 1972 Chev. C-10 2x4, I was able to actually get replacement boots, & from the GM Dealer, yet, but that was in the late `70`s, & GM wised up & no longer offers the boots,
    just the ball joint assembly w/boot, which of course does wonders for their profit margin, but sucks the life out of my bank account.

Thanks for any helpful advice.

2. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i have found them in the past ....one time at a normal parts store and the other time at a hp parts store like summit racing i am sure one of the companies that makes polyurethane truck parts has them..........

3. sadot

sadot Junior Member
    from chair

rubber boots ball joints

try your local napa dealer $2.59 each:D :D :cool: