1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Balast weight for F250 diesel

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by m'slandscaping, Oct 23, 2009.

1. m'slandscaping

m'slandscaping Junior Member

A local Boss dealer installed a poly straight blade on my '06 F250 diesel. The dealer stated to me that Boss did not state a recommended balast weight for my vehicle.

May someone give me an idea how much balast (weight) should be countered for my vehicle?
  2. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

The ballast might not be needed but having it will make the truck drive better in the wet.
    I would run 4-500# right at the tailgate. Look at Bosses ballest holder and build yourself something to keep it from sliding foreward. I used 2x12 and i have one cut that fits against the front of the bed. I then have 2 sides that run right along the wheel wells then a 4th piece across the rear. I used metal brackets from the home store to keep the pieces in place on each other. I use no screws for the tailgate end so if i need to put something in the bed i can quickley throw the salt bags in the garage and remove the end.