1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bags or Timbrens... POLL

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Workaholic, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Bags

15 vote(s)
  2. Timbrens

17 vote(s)
  1. Workaholic

Workaholic Member

Bags or Timbrens

Considering the pros and cons of each what is your opinions

My previous truck had bags with no onboard compressor, what a pain

My new duramax 2500hd needs to be outfitted. I think i would like bags only if i had the compressor.. now im at like 400 bux+ or do i just to hassle free timbrens 200 bux

Truck - 2005 Silverado CCSB 2500 HD with SnowEx salter, possible a dump insert come summer
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

check your spelling I like swiming in a pool but I'll vote for the poll.
  3. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

In a pool i prefer to be in the company of airbags.

I get a little uncomfortable when the timbrens get too close
  4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

My experience with bags ( for weight purpose ) versus extra leaf springs for the rear is that air suspention just adds extra stress in bending the existing leaf springs, whereas adding extra leaf springs grows the strengh. Its much simpler than having a compressor or a tank / electrical installed.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

bags first choice. had timbrens on 04 ram 2500 hated the harsh ride. with bags you set the pressure
    and can adjust the level by how much air pressure you use

6. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have airbags and they are the best i think. I did not put a compression system in, I just ran them to the back and use a bike pump if i need to adjust them. A few pumps and you are set. very easy I think. Better ride then the timbrens and the extra leafs. JMO.
  7. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Well I put some X-code springs on my F-350 and it held the Blizzard 810 good. But everybody said "get Timbrens" so I bought a set used and the ride with the plow on is great. With the plow off it SUCKS. When I am sure there will be no more snow this year they are coming off. May put them back on in the fall but may install bags. Have to see what the $$$ looks like. Glade I didn't spend $200 on the Timbrens.
  8. truckie46

truckie46 Member

JMO but I put timbrens in my Tundra for the camper and they handle the load awesome, but when I don't have the camper, they don't even come close to the spring. They only do the deed when the load is on.
  9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll be putting in bags before winter.