1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bags of salt?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by steve in Pa., Jan 8, 2003.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

looking for a salt wholesaler in or around Pennsylvania does anyone here get bagged salt by the tractor and trailer load if so who from and how much is does it run?:nod: :nod:

2. bob21

bob21 Junior Member
    from ohio

i get salt in ohio for 138.00 that is with tax and is the cheapest i can find around here 49 bags 50lb bags

3. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Where do you get that Bob?

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Crosby's here in Toledo is selling 80# bags of halite for $4.00 and Andersons is selling 50# halite for $2.99 -10% if you take a pallet.

~Nate~

5. bob21

bob21 Junior Member
    from ohio

at andersons for 2.38 or something a bag 50lb easyer to handle

6. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

steve,
    where in pa are you located?

7. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

yo!!! steve where in Pa. are you located????????????????

8. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

central Pa. Lewistown to be exact. We are getting 80#'s for 4.75 now from a private guy just looking maybe to by a full tractor and trailor load. we've already went through one.

9. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

I can get 80's for $3.75 from a company in Madison, OH.. Are you interested????? P.S. Madison is just east of Cleveland, OH. :) ;) :) ED

10. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

yes i am intrested. i emailed you don't know if you got it or not. If you can let me know what the name of the company is and their phone number i would appreciate it. Thanks alot.

11. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

steve,
    Sent e-mail, did you receive it??????? I talked to a guy in the warehouse and he said he has a pretty good supply of 80's :) ;) :) ED

12. Chris Stull

Chris Stull Junior Member

Steve try cope salt in lancaster........u can buy by the bag skid or truck load..........do i know you?........in lewistown too

13. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

chris,
    do you have a phone # for cope salt. im pretty close to lancaster and might give them a call for a price. thanks.

14. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

yes you do know me. Lewistown! What is the phone number for cope salt if you know? How much is it for a 80# bag?:drinkup: