1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bags of salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by snowplowpro, Oct 23, 2012.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

I know someone who is trying to sell a small pallet of bag salt 50lbs bags they been sitting outside for sometime now maybe since last winter or more my question is are they still good there rock hard but he says just break them up and you should be fine .is it still good all though they been sitting.

2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

If there Rock Hard I would stay away from them. If you have to take time to break the hard bags apart thats time you cant afford and I consider my time valueable and not free. Unless its 2.00 a bag I say walk away

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Even if it's 2.00 dollars per bag, run away. There is a big difference between rock hard and stiff. Stiff will break up by slamming them on the ground a couple times. Rock hard is good to make brine out of.

4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

He thinks he is gonna sell them I told him no its either fresh new bags or I'm going somewhere else.