1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bagged sidewalk product.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Marek, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Bagged Sidewalk product. What are you guys buying and paying per bag. Will need atleast 2 truck loads delivered to Jessup MD.
  2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

50lb Rocksalt $4 in Jersey!
  3. ironsales

ironsales Junior Member

I use PELADOW Calcium Chloride Pellets. Except it is pricey. $14.92 per 50 pound bag. Have not found anything else to work better IMO.
  4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Road runner Calcium/Magnisuim Cholride 6 bucks for a 40lb bag. Seems to work pretty good.
  5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Ice Devil about $4.30 per bag by the semi load
  6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I use Peladow Calcium Chloride Pelletts, Monster Melt, Inferno Ice Melt, and Traction Melt. Pricing is irrelivant if you are getting two truck loads. It wont get much cheaper than what you can get it for.
  7. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

80# Rock Salt $4.25 with tax, Peladow $10.50.
  8. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

50# Rock Salt 3.76 with tax and delivered.

Peledow $10 a bag.
  9. crewcutenterprises

crewcutenterprises Member

Hey Marek.

Just wanted to see how your pricing works, Email me at Jason@crewcutenterprises since we are locally in the same area. I just picked up a lot in Baltimore and If I hear of anything in laurel Ill let you know.

I just want to shoot some numbers around. We pay 5 a bag of salt, 12 a bag of mag chloride
  10. Marek

Marek Senior Member

We use bulk salt for all the lots and are paying 64.00 per ton delivered and we keep 130-150 ton in one shop and about the same out another. We used to get lesco melt for low 7s per bag and now we have been buying Chloro Mag for 11.50 . But our walks crews just seem to go through so much that we are looking for a different product.