1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bagged salt prices , MI

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DJC, Jul 3, 2004.

1. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I'm in Mid-Michigan, can anyone help me with the best place to buy salt or. I did a search but didn't find much help for MI. Any info would help. THANKS!

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

DJC
    I bought mine last year from Home Depot and Lowes 50 pound bags 2.98 a bag. I would buy a pallet at a time and have them load it in my truck. These stores are in Pontaic Mi.

Regards Mike

3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

thanks for the info. Do you get a price break if you buy a pallet load???

4. flykelley

DJC
    No price break same price if you buy 1 bag or 100 bags:D

Regards Mike

5. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Ok Thanks!

6. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Any more info???

Thanks!

7. DJC

DJC Senior Member

what is the best size for a spreader????? I know size means a lot in some cases:)

8. flykelley

DJC
    I started out with a snowex 1075 last year.I just sign a big account,now I need to sell it and buy a vbox. The 1075 is good for lots like 20-30 spaces after that you will be getting out and reloading the spreader. I think the 1075 hold 600-700 pounds of salt.I bought it in Jan last year will let it go for 1000.00. It cost me 1600.00

Regards Mike

9. Bchlawns

Bchlawns Senior Member
    from Ohio

I am in Ohio and i use Lowes for salt. One of my buddies works there. A pallet there comes with a bout 50bags of 50#. I get it at there cost. So i get a break for buying it by pallets. U just have to talk to them. They might do something for u.

10. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I have someone that works there also. I will have to talk to them. Thanks!!

11. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Any more info?????