1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bagged salt prices Albany NY

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by therpmguy, Jan 31, 2003.

1. therpmguy

therpmguy Junior Member

Ive seen posts on salt prices ranging from 2.70 for 80# to 5.00 for 50# . The best price that I could find locally was 5.00 per 50 # bag at home depot. does anyone know where I can get these great deals around the albany area? It seems that I am paying twice as much as I should be. Someone, Please Help
  2. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

I'm in saratoga, if you go to a local agway, you can get a price of $4.25 per bag for 50's, but you have to buy the skid which is 49 bags. They were out of 80's last few times. I believe the 80's are around $6.25 a bag. That is the best iv'e seen around here.

3. therpmguy

therpmguy Junior Member

thanks, ive been reading on the site that people are getting bagged salt for 1/2 my price. I guess we live in the wrong area,huh
  4. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

It is amazing how salt prices differ, depending on what region you live in. For the Chicago area, 50# bags go for approx. $2.50-$2.70 a bag. If you buy in the off season, its about .40 cents cheaper. For this pricing you must buy a couple of skids, min.

Chuck B.
  5. Mike Fronczak

Mike Fronczak Member

I'm in Rochester, paying $ 3.25/bag at Lesco. Chase Pitken has for $ 3.50/bag. Both prices in pallet quanity.
  6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Im in Newburgh area,the 50lb bags go for about 5.50 here too.When i was using bagged salt I could get 80 lb bags for 5.00 ea.Dont know if the price is still the same,since i havent checked in 3 yrs.
  7. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I get mine for 4.49 a bag for 50lbs at True Value. Schodack Septic also sells for that price. I 've heard that lesco does sell it cheaper then that but they're to far away for me to drive up there for the minimal savings.

8. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

I think around here stores have raised the price due to the demand. Used to be a local Agway dealer that gave me a good deal if I committed to a palet early in the fall. If you are just going in like an average customer you will pay the going rate.
  9. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Everyone get together and buy in bulk for next year. I will be glad to deliver the shipment!

Chuck B.
  10. Bill c

Bill c PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ny

Rpm man try king packaging corp on kings road in schenectady.They bag there own and were the cheapest around when we used to buy bags.
  11. digit

digit Member

Mike from Rochester Did you hear any thing about bulk salt prices going up.

Sima member
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2005
  12. lush&green

lush&green Junior Member

I think the prices have gone up with all the shipping and production costs going up? Calcium has definately gone up alot.
  13. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

digit- you can bet the prices are up from these posts. It was from 2003. Make sure to check for current local prices before bidding. These prices will certainly be off. Thought you would want to know.