1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bagged salt in Vancouver BC

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Snowman21, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Snowman21

Snowman21 Junior Member

Hello everbody, finally found a question my lurking couldn't awnser. Just wondering where guys are getting there bagged salt here in the Vancouver area,tymusic. This is my first year salting and I'm looking for a wholesale distributer with 50# bags of salt by the pallet. Thanks guys
  2. Krasy Joe

Krasy Joe Junior Member

Hey Snowman...

Im on Van. Island...but I am getting my bulk road salt from MainRoad bulk dump. They barge it from Vancouver over to Nanaimo. My guess is that they would have a bulk plant over there. Contact Scott Forbes 604-575-7038 www.mainroad.ca He said that they do bulk bagged salt and all that.

Hope this helps man.
  3. Jimweed

Jimweed Junior Member

McTar in Coquitlam sells bagged and bulk salt. Sorry I don't have a number, prolly google will work.
  4. Snowman21

Snowman21 Junior Member

Thanks guys I'll give mctar and mainroads a try
  5. Log_me_in

Log_me_in Junior Member

Bagged Material in Vancouver

Name: McTar Petroleum Co Ltd, Office
    Street: 2300 Rogers Avenue
    Coquitlam, bc V3K5X6-
    Phone: (604) 521-7707
  6. Snowman21

Snowman21 Junior Member

I went down and got some 20 kg bags at mctar a couple weeks ago. Never realized they sold salt in bags. We use the concrete dump all the time. Thanks again guys