1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bagged salt in NJ

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Smith2287, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Smith2287

Smith2287 Member

Well it finally happened last storm, all the lesco's ran out of bagged salt and are not sure on when they will be getting more. I have been calling around and can't find anywhere that offers it at a decent price. At lesco's I am paying a little less than $5 a bag. If there is anywhere else that you guys use please tell me. I can't see me giving a hardware store $9 a bag.
  2. loudredram

loudredram Member

3. Smith2287

Smith2287 Member

Thanks I know where that place is going to give them a call in the morning.
  4. as81808

as81808 Junior Member
    from NJ

Just go to home depot and buy 80# bags of wayer softener salt in the blue bag its just around 10.00 it works just as good as the stuff from lesco we use them both
  5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

If you want to drive a bit I have a place in PA. $4.00 a bag plus a $5 pallet charge.
  6. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

What place and where in PA?
  7. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah tell me where in PA, near NJ central/south/philly? I went from $3.60 bag early in the season to per pallet bag price of $5.06 already :realmad: freking sucks.
  8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Weavers Ace Hardware in Lyons, PA. Near Kutztown and the Deka Battery plant if you know the area. 610-944-7681. They sell truckloads too, so if a couple of you can split one.