1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bagged Salt in Louisville/Lexington/Cincinnati?!?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by beverlylawncare, Feb 21, 2008.

1. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

I know lots of areas are short on salt right now. Anybody know of any avenues for 50lb bagged products? Preferably Mortons, Cargil, or IceAway? I'm curious to know if there are any suppliers out there with any. Most in Louisville are saying "no, and we can't/aren't going to get any more".

Thanks!

Good luck and be safe out there!

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we were in town last week for the tractor pull...looks like you guy got lots of ice to the west of town about 100 miles.

3. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Crescent Springs Hardware 859-341-0800 3.50 5oLB 5.55 80LB

4. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

Never mind, they can't get anymore either

5. MetroTurf

MetroTurf Junior Member

Jay do you know Shawn Swearingen out of Holden? He runs the Joker with 4 blown hemis.

6. Jay brown

is he a friend of yours? i don't know him, but i follow his results. we missed wednesday's pull due to work schedules, and that was the only time he had a hook. he didn't make the finals on Saturday....i find it amazing that he can hold his own against the biggest and baddest Unlimiteds (5-6 blown hemi's).....

7. MetroTurf

MetroTurf Junior Member

Yes I do the clutch tune up on his brothers blown pro mod Willys. The tractor pulling is too boring for me. The one pull a day is for the birds!

8. Jay brown

is his borthers a 2 wheel drive?

9. MetroTurf

MetroTurf Junior Member

Yes it is a 2 wheel drive drag car! We run on concrete not dirt.

10. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Salt update

Ok... back to the topic (just kidding guys!)

I have located some salt. I purchased 7500 lbs, its bagged. If you need some, pm me or call me and I'll see if I can help you out. Supply and Demand - it cost me $4.95 per bag plus tax ($5.25) which is all I would want for it. I'll sit on it til next year or can help people out in a pinch if needed. I'd have possibly up to a skid if you need some.

Call if you need it!

Justin
    (502) 459-5296

11. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Salt update

Ok... back to the topic (just kidding guys!)

I have located some salt. I purchased 7500 lbs, its bagged. If you need some, pm me or call me and I'll see if I can help you out. Supply and Demand - it cost me $4.95 per bag plus tax ($5.25) which is all I would want for it. I'll sit on it til next year or can help people out in a pinch if needed. I'd have possibly up to a skid if you need some.

Call if you need it!

Justin
    (502) 459-5296