1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bagged Salt In East Central Ohio

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wkahler, Dec 21, 2008.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Hey i found a local guy and talked to him today and he has 120 skids at $192.50 a skid, that is tax included. Not sure if this is a good price but he has plenty in stock and will load it 24hrs a day if need it in heavy weather.

2. 02 Stroked

02 Stroked Member

You should jump all over that. I just paid $4.99 for a 50# bag the other day and ended up paying close to $800 for 3 skids here in Saint Louis. I've herd bad being as high as up to $8 for a 50# bag of rock salt.

3. vtecricer71

vtecricer71 Junior Member
    from ohio

whats the persons number and name?

4. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I will get it for you in the morning i am going over there to look at his Snoway spreaders and the see about maybe two skids. He says you can buy it and he will load it one skid at a time as you need it. Super nice guy and seems to be the only Snoway dealer in the area.

5. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Where abouts in east central ohio? That could be alot of places.

6. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Dayton area.

7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I WAS WRONG........................ME NOT THEM! The price for a skid out the dorr wiht tax and everything is $240.75. I was the wrong with the wrong figure not them!!

Call Matt
    (937)604-0057 24 hr or office (937)228-2730
    Champion Equipment
    1524 Milburn Ave
    Dayton OH 45404

8. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Dayton area is WEST Central Ohio, and $240 a skid is wayyyyy to high.

9. 02 Stroked

02 Stroked Member

Yeah tell me about it. I'm use to paying around $170 a skid. I guess it's all about supply and demand.

10. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

summer is the best time to get them from stores cause if they dont sell out they mark them down cause they dont have room to store them i use to get bags from 60-70% off a bag from a local store

winter is the worse time to buy salt even now every one is trying to make money on the stuff

there is a guy on ebay selling salt in ohio but he wants $5 a bag or $4 some thing is you buy a pallet

11. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

I have 50# bags of ice-a-way (which spreads great and works great) for $5.23 per bag, 49 bags to the skid. Can load for you. Sold in full skids only. I am in NW Ohio. Let me know if anybody needs some.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

We're paying over $7. Had to buy 2 pallets @ $376.xx each after tax on the 22nd.

13. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

I have 36 skids of Halite in 50# bags for sale in Central Ohio for 5.00 per bag. Will load.

14. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

why are you paying sales tax? If you have a resale license you don't have to. Saves me $15 per pallet, could save you more depending on your tax rate.